Friday, May 4, 2012

HGTV DESIGN STAR 7 FINALIST

I am SO excited to share with you all that I have been selected as a finalist on the hit series HGTV Design Star!! This is a HUGE honor and I feel so blessed to be a part of the competition.  For all that know me, they know how much I love HGTV in general, but I especially love Design Star and have watched every episode of all the past 6 seasons.  Every time I'd watch, I'd sit on the edge of my seat thinking "oh my god I need to be on there doing that!".  So while watching the last season a casting notice for season 7 popped up... I looked up the information and there happened to be a casting call that Sunday in Las Vegas.  So Matt and I thought, why not!?!... and decided to take the 4.5 hour drive to Vegas to spend the weekend and check out the Design Star casting call.  The rest is history!...


Yep, theres a little promo action for you.  Thanks to my fabulous friend Juliana Gonzalez who is an amazing graphic designer to make this up for me.  (Her work can be found at www.delightfulink.com )

For those of you who aren't familiar with the show... Design Star is a competition with 12 designers from all over the country who are put through crazy design challenges as well as camera/hosting challenges, with only one winner that will will their own show on the HGTV network!  Its a pretty big deal, I often refer to it as the American Idol for Interior Designers...people seem to understand it better that way.  Anyways... the show was a crazy, amazing, intense experience & I loved every minute of it.  I can't wait for the show to air May 29th to share my experience with you all.

Here's the best, most important part... YOU viewers & fans at home get to vote online for your FAN FAVORITE.  The voting starts May 1st and ends July 27th... The winner of the 'fan favorite' spot win's their own web series on HGTV.com!  Pretty big deal! So it would be A LOT to be if you could take the time and check out the website and vote for me as your fan favorite (only if I am indeed your favorite, of course...).  You can vote up to 10x a day, from every computer/phone/ipad/etc... you get the idea.  There you can also check out all the designers bio's and portfolios of their work.

Here's a little sneak peek of the season... 




VOTE FOR BRITANY SIMON AS YOUR HGTV DESIGN STAR FAN FAVORITE

Stay tuned... I will be updating everyone on my journey on Design Star... and tune in May 29th, you aren't going to want to miss this season!

No comments:

Post a Comment